Friday, July 30, 2010

Of all the lies you were ever told

Of all the lies you were ever told, the worst, and by far the most damaging, is the one that led you to believe that you are not good enough.

This could never be true. That you have lessons to learn, yes. That you have made mistakes and hurt others, yes again, in fact who can honestly say they haven't,  but that you are, at the most fundamental level of your being 'not good enough', no.


To those who told you this, say:

"No thank you. I don't accept what you're saying to be true. If there are lessons to learn, I will learn them. If there are changes I need to make in myself, I will make them but I choose to do so from a place of Power and not from being diminished and devalued as a human being."  

And then, from this place of Power show compassion because it is only someone so deeply wounded who could find it useful to hurt another in this way. 

Don't pass the pain on. Be the courageous agent of change who stands up and says, it stops here, it stops with me.


For more morsels of Inspiration, be sure to follow me on Twitter: 
http://twitter.com/strongsteps




No comments:

Post a Comment